Sunday, July 21, 2013

1000s anyone?


Sunday, 4/21--Today, after a good warm up, I did 4x1000 with Bruce and DJ.

We chose to do this workout in preparation for the Runner’s Pentathlon.  We used the first 1K of the XC course across the street.  As in the past, we decided to do an out and back pattern, running a 1000m, stopping, and then running the next 1000 in the opposite direction. The target: 3:30/1K w/4:30 recovery, for an even 8 minutes. I hit 3:39, 3:21, 3:21, and 3:14, for an average of 3:24.  In the past, I’ve done 5 of these with a shorted break.  I want to get back there.

The ones going in the opposite direction were a bit easier; even though the terrain was still rolling, the run seemed to have a downward trend in elevation.

Unfortunately, I realized that I cut the course a little shy.  Instead of starting at the 50-yard line of the practice soccer field, we started at the 18-yard line.  Thus, I need to add 5 seconds to each run: 3:44, 3:26, 3:26, and 3:20.  I am ready for the next notch!  Let’s do it, Bruce.

After cooling down, walking and hanging out for a few, Bruce and I played some tennis afterwards to round out the workout.  

2 comments:

  1. Delvin,

    It was hard but, worth the trip.
    Thanks for your hospitality.
    Next time I hope to keep closer to
    DJ & you. We'll see -maybe if I have my veggie smoothy and get up on time it will help :-)

    DJ is a fine young man You and your wife did a great job!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made (and enjoyed) the trip. You're too kind about DJ. Back at you about you and yours, my friend!

    ReplyDelete