Saturday, July 6, 2013

Today felt pretty darn good.

Sat, July 6--Went to the Y with my wife.  Did the usual--mile on donut track, lifting (upper body machines) for 4 min, mile on treadmill, lifting (upper body machines) for 4 min, mile on track, lifting (upper body machines) for 4 min, mile on treadmill.

mile on 16-lap per mile donut track: 6:55
lifting: shoulder, chest press
mile on treadmill: 6:53
lifting: fly, military press
mile on track: 6:23
lifting: dumbbells on weight bench, arm curls
mile on treadmill: 6:05
stretch

Today felt pretty darn good.

Home it is!

Fri, July 5--I dropped my daughter off at soccer practice (at EA) at about 4:00 and headed to CHS for a track workout.  I really wanted to do 400s or 600s, but on this 90 degree day, I figured this workout would prove a bit too difficult.  So, I decided on 400s.  Later in the workout I would downshift to 200s.

400--66 (my legs felt heavy)
400m walk/6:00 break
400--64
400m walk/6:00 break
400--63

I was struggling with the heat at this point, although there was a headwind on the backstretch.

I left CHS for EA, figuring I would hit the weight room for a few.  Noticing that there were just a few cars in the lot, I decided to head to the track for a few 200s.  I didn't want my good warm up to go to waste.

200--28
200m walk/3:00 break
200--27

Halfway through my rest and as I was nearing my backpack, something told me to check my phone for calls.  As soon as I did, my wife's name appeared on the screen.  She had been calling and so had my daughter.  It was time to pick her up.  No third 200 today.



No comments:

Post a Comment