Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bruce, it's all your fault!

Yesterday Bruce met a couple of us at Haverford College and did a workout, despite having done 15 200s the day before.  Several of us teammates have counseled Bruce about his propensity for two hard/track workouts in a row. 

Bruce Rash is contagious! I got the bug! Two track workouts on a row for me, too! 

I arrived in Ohio with my son today at 2:30 or so for a college visit, and I was on the track within 2.5 hours.  The track and weather were so good I couldn't turn them down: newer track and 60+ degrees (with winds).
I did 4 200s in 29 and capped two more in 26! I then topped off the workout with 2 100s in 12-point.  My initial plan was to do 8x400, but I didn't want to be greedy.
I will feel this workout for sure in the morning and tomorrow afternoon when I drive 6.5 hours to get home.

Bruce, it's all your fault!



2 comments:

  1. Delvin,

    Sounds like you killed it !!
    Hopefully that 2nd workout will drop a few tenths for you/us at Penn !!

    Be careful my friend dancing on the razors edge can be dangerous.

    Just keep your form :-) and listen to your body.

    Not that I'm really in any position to advised any one on how to train safe ! :-)

    Penn is waiting for us !

    BTW I took off Sunday.
    I ran 4 miles at lunch today, it was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you and I agree.... I feel like I haven't done much distance at all. This time last year I was still running at least 20 miles per week. Speaking of running, it's just about time for me to get ready for my workout.

      Delete