Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I need to visualize relaxing

April 2, 2013

I made my way to Westtown School's track for a little action this morning at 5:30 AMor so. I figured I'd do 6 100s just to get some speed work in. The warm up and stretching felt uncomfortable.  In fact, I stopped during the warm up and almost bagged the workout as I felt my left calf cramp up a little.  I persisted instead. 

I decided to take the 100s much easier than expected.  In fact, I began with a pedestian 17.0. It was just a stride.  I imagined simply dropping a second with every successive 200.  Thus, the second one was 16.1, the third 15.2, the fourth 14.3, the fifth 13.4, and the sixth 13.0.  I took 2:00 between each.  I should've broken 13 for the last 100, but I was afraid, afraid of my own body. 

Overall, I felt a little unsettled and haphazard. I need to visualize relaxing, lifting my knees and getting my feet out in front of me so that I could feel like I was stepping.

I will do so the next time I do 100s. I plan to have them all fall in the 12-second range, although I may have to settle for beginning at 13 or 14 if I do the workout in the early AM.  I also plan to finish the workout with starts, as I need to work on keeping my head down for the first 20 meters.
After the 100s, I drove to Rustin's campus for some uphill sprint drills per the doctor: high knees, butt kicks, skips.  I ended with 2 x 70m/11sec uphill sprints.  Cooled down and was home by 6:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment