Monday, February 18, 2013

Some recovery after Millrose

Sunday, February 17
Recovery workouts are always tricky for me.  There are post-race days when I feel like I should do a nice slow run of several miles, and there are times when I feel like I should do a more moderate workout, leaving little to chance.  I chose the latter.

I blame my wife, who told me she had planned to go to the Y.  I figured I'd be a gentleman and accompany her.  In so doing, I opted for one of my Y routines as opposed to the longer run I had in store for myself.

Mile on the donut track--6:43
Lifting (4 min)--Lat bar and fly machine
Mile on the treadmill--6:40
Lifting (4 min)--adduction and arm curl machines
Mile on the donut--6:20
Lifting (4:00)--military press and abduction machine
Mile on treadmill--6:30
Lifting (4:00)--leg curl and leg extension machines
Mile with on track--5:55

I stretched for 30 seconds before each run and a few minutes after the workout. 
Home we go. This turned out to be some recovery after Millrose, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment