Saturday, February 23, 2013

It has teeth, though small ones

Saturday, 2/23-

This afternoon I will probably warm up and do some striders on the track in preparation for tomorrow's meet at Widener.

Friday, 2/22.

Went to the Y at 5:45 AM for one of my routines.
.87M on donut track in 6:15
Stretched for 4:00
.87M on track in 6:00
lat and fly machines (4:00)
.85M on treadmill in 6:00
adduction and leg extension machines (4:00)
.85M on track in 5:00
military press and arm curl machines (4:00)

Like similar ones, this is not a particularly sexy workout but it has teeth, though small ones.


Thursday, 2/20/13--

I did a repeat of Monday's hill workout, this time at 5:45AM, however.  I warmed up on the Rustin-Plus loop (2.2M) in 17:00, stretched in my garage for a bit, and then ran 6 hills using the incline adjacent to my house.  My thought was to match or beat the 30 seconds I posted on Monday and to do so without pressing. I started and ended at the same spot  (the line in the sidewalk where the crosswalk begins and stopped at the oak tree on the side of my house.)  Like on Monday, my rest of 2:30 was the walk back down the hill to the start, the line in the sidewalk.

My first run was flat, ending in 32 seconds.  I was clearly off my game.  The rest of the times were between 30.2 (last one) and 30.7 seconds. I'd say I matched Monday's effort.

I cooled down with my Shih Tzu over the abbreviated Rustin course (1.85M) in 18:45.  Why must he stop at every verticle structure for relief?





I cooled down over the Rustin-plus course (2.2M) in 17:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment