Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today was a near perfect day

Sat--Today my workout was 8x800 at 5K pace.  My goal pace was 2:45.  The rest would equal the running time, 2:45.  Some people call them Yasso 800s, I guess.  Anyway, I decided to use the XC course across the street from my house to give my feet a break from the track and street surfaces.  Today was a near perfect day for the workout: little humidity, warm but not sweltering, and light wind to keep the air fresh and moving.  I just wish I had had someone to run with!  (On tap for my son was a fartlek, so he declined to join me.)

My runs were: 2:45, 2:46, 2:47, 2:44, 2:46, 2:43, 2:48, 2:33.

Altogether, this was a pretty good attempt, considering I the course, which included thick grass and a couple of rolling hills

No comments:

Post a Comment