Thursday, August 23, 2012

the hill slayed me today

Thursday, 8/23--Met up with a nice size group this morning to do our customary 7.9M run begininng at the country club.  The morning was clean, featuring a comfortable 67 degrees.  An easy run was on the docket.  I figured they needed the easy pace, given how hard they've been training.  I probably could've used a hard pace, as I am nowhere near at their level of conditionining.  For this I am ashamed!  At the 4-mile mark the watch read 28:30; we were going at 7:08 pace.  We seemed to slow up during second half of the run, covering the final 3.9M in 29:25 (about 7:33 pace) finishing in 57:55, about 7:20 pace.  I felt okay, but my legs were tight.  Also, for whatever reason, the hill slayed me today.  In contrast to how I felt during most of the run, my legs felt awfully weak and tight as I made my way up. 

My plan for tomorrow (Fri): 4.4M, 7:10 pace.
My plan for Saturday: 35 min fartlek
My plan for Sunday: 11.5M, 7:15 pace.
My plan for Monday: take the day off!

Wed, 8/22--I did a short, simple, easy run.  I began with a Rustin-plus loop (2.2M), continued with the first .9M of a second loop, but then took a sharp left and run the first 1100m (.7) of the XC course.   Mileage: 3.8M (in 30 min)--7:53 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment