Monday, August 6, 2012

So weakening was the heat and humidity

8-6-12

I was supposed to go to the Y this morning to lift, but I was running late.  So, I decided not to go and to use a few minutes to check email and to write an entry.

8-5-12

On tap for Justin, DJ and me was a ten miler.  We'd do the first part of the 11.4/11.5M run and then turn right onto Shiloh instead of doing the loop a second time.  We'd take Shiloh to the path again, and after .6M begin Rustin's XC course.  We'd do the course 2 full times (3.15M or so) and  well into the third loop around the course we'd peel off and finish at my house for an even 10M.  The 11:00 heat and humdity proved to be too much for us, especially DJ, who began to wilt during the 4th mile.  So weakening was the heat and humidity, even at 7:30 pace, that we stopped at the 5.7M mark (my house) and took a breather.  After 6-7 minutes' rest and refuel (Powerade) and that amount of time to help my wife with the groceries after she pulled into the driveway, we began the rest of the course.  Going at a pedestrian pace (8:30), we managed to drag ourselves over the hills of the rather bucolic course that is conveniently adjacent to my house.  Overall, this was not the prettiest, most refreshing run in the world but it was a run nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment