Tuesday, August 28, 2012

underwhelmed with myself

Tues, 8/28--Overslept again!  Rushed to Henderson.  Got there at 5:40.  Warmed up and stretched.  Workout at 5:55. 

3x1 mile with 200 meter jog-rest OR, for real hard core folks, 4x2000m with 100m jog.  KA-RAZY!  You know which one I opted for!

humid with rainy, windy, wet conditions
but...
we braved the elements
the workout was not as smooth as I would have liked.
First run.  Got a late start and ran alone (6:15)
The second one almost made me lose my motivation. 6:10
The third one was decent, as I finished up in 5:42.
mile warm up, 3x1 mile, 2x200 meters, mile cool down = 5.25 miles

Did I say this workout sucked?  I was underwhelmed with myself.  It was like I didn't even care that I was sucking. 


Mon, 8/27--Overslept.  Took the day off.


Sun, 8/26--I was supposed to go for 10-12M today, but I opted to run with DJ, who was scheduled for a fartlek.  This was not the best idea since I had done 5x1000 on Saturday.  As it turned out, the fartlek was a bit pedestrian.  The plan was to use the 5.7M route and run the following pattern:  1 minute on, 1 minute off; 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off; 3 minutes on and 3 minutes off; 1 minute one and so forth.  We'd take the first 6 (.65M) minutes easy to warm up; we'd cool down the last half-mile (.5M).  The meat of the run, the fartlek, was 4.55M in 32:00.  Our "on" pace was about 6:00 pace; our "off" pace was about 8:00 pace.  Functional, but not great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment