Thursday, September 17, 2009

Refreshed when we finished

Thursday, 9/17/09--This morning I headed to the West Chester Country Club in the drizzle. Like last Thursday, the drizzle faded as the run progressed. The coolness remained, though. There were four of us, and one peeled off at the 4.5 mile mark, another at the 5.25 mile mark. Like last week, I was hoping that the run would have felt easier. Overall, I was not spent, but I wish I could get to the point where these runs are, well, run-of-the mill. I saw 30:00 at the 4-mile mark, about 15 seconds slower than last week's pace at the 4-mile point. I finished up at 60:10, which was a minute slower than last week's run and two-and-a-half minutes slower than when I ran alone, ironically. Sean and I held a full-blown conversation over the last 2.5 miles and slowed down a lot it appears. I guess our overall pace was about 7:37. The good thing is I felt refreshed when we finished, not spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment