Monday, September 7, 2009

Good news for him

Sunday, 9/6--I ran to Penn Oaks with my son. Our intention was to run the standard 7:30/mile pace. For some reason, I've come to dislike the route, I think in part because for whatever reason even running a pedestrian pace on this course takes more out of me than it should. Hit first mile 7:52, second mile in 15:50, third mile in 23:00, parking lot in 25:15 (my son, 25:25). After a brief period of upper body work, I headed back for home. Again, the pace would be 7:30. Hit mile 1 in 7:25, mile 2--??, with one mile to go 17:15, home at 24:25. My son--24:30. Good news for him--I think this was his best Penn Oaks run. 6.6 miles. About 28.4 miles for the week, Monday through Sunday.


Saturday, 9/5--I scheduled myself for a fartlek today. Like the last time, I jogged .6 mile to the start of the XC course at Rustin. This time, though, I stopped for a few minutes to stretch. My pattern would be 30 seconds jogging, 30 seconds running. My hope was to jog at about 8-minute/mile pace and to run at 6-minute/mile pace, which would amount to a 7-minute/mile pace for the 3.1 (3.15, really) course. I was able to accomplish this. I ran the double-loop course, fartlek-style in 21:40. The first loop of 1.5(55) was in about 11:00, and the second loop was in 10:40. I then jogged .85 home, for a total of 4.6 miles.


Friday, 9/4--Today, I decided to forgo a workout and opt for a little--and I do mean a little--yoga instead via Exercise TV. The slection I made was a mere 12 minutes long and dealt primarily with core strength exercises. I'd do it again, though, particularly on an "I took the day off" day or when I am running awfully late.

No comments:

Post a Comment