Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I am wondering/wandering

Wednesday, 9/23/09
This morning I ran an easy 4.8 miles in 37:30, or 7:48/mile. Did .6 around my blocked and headed through the 4.4 Westborne/Oakborne loop. I am wandering, wondering whether I should increase my mileage or keep my mileage the same and increase intensity. I have Kevin Kelly, on the hand, telling me about his high mileage athletes and their amazing times with little or no speed or interval work (all base work). I have Kevin Forde, on the other hand, blogging about his shorter mileage weeks where he is able to run 1000 repeats in 3:10-3:20 with a few minutes' rests, sub 17:30 5K time trials, etc. Where do I go from here?

For the next 3-5 weeks, I was thinking of:
Mon--5 miles
Tues--interval workout to equal 5.5 miles
Wed--5 miles
Thursday--approx 8 miles
Friday--biking/yoga/light lifting
Saturday--10 miles
Sunday--approx 6.5

TOTAL: 40 MILES

No comments:

Post a Comment