Sunday, August 15, 2021

weak and dehydrated

 Sat, 8/14-Went to the Y with V.

Plan was to do 4x1 mile with 5:00 of lifting and stretching between progressively faster efforts.

Did the first mile, a warm up, in 8:30, then I stretched. 

Midway through the second mile, which was only at 7:25 pace, my right hamstring pinched. So, I stopped.

I figured I'd stretch well. In the course of stretching, I could acutely feel my hamstring injuries. ARGH.


Fri, 8/13-took off from work. Errands and appointments.

Made my way to the D&R Canal for a 5M run. Hot and Humid. 84 degrees; real temp 90 degrees. 

Reached the 2.5M mark in 20:00. On the way back, I felt weak and dehydrated, Didn't know if was because I had suffered a head injury when I slipped and fell down the stairs this morning! I wound up stopping at the 3.5M mark, restarting, stopping at the 4.5M mark, and then finishing up in 38:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment