Wednesday, August 4, 2021

I was fearful

Wed, 8/4-

Went to the track for a workout. Tired. Didn't feel well. Hamstrings were tight and felt like they were going to pull. I was fearful. Managed just 6x200 in 32/33 with a 3:00 rest. Sucks!

Tues, 8/3-same as yesterday

Mon, 8/2-stuff going on. Couldn't make it to the gym.

Sun, 8/1-new month, new effort. Because I didn't run yesterday, I decided to head to GA to meet up with the gang. Rob and John were planning to do a hard 400, and Bruce and I would "happily" join them. After spending time using my new toys (TENS 7000 Digital TENS Unit With Accessories - TENS Unit Muscle Stimulator For Back Pain, General Pain Relief, Neck Pain, Muscle Pain and Sparthos Thigh Compression Sleeves (Pair) – Upper Leg Sleeves for Men and Women Support for Improved Blood Circulation Quad and Hamstring Recovery Sports Running Tennis Workout Basketball (Black-L)), I felt ready to run a conservative 400. I ran in lane 1 and was able to stay in close enough contact with John to run a modest 58.2.

Sat, 7/31-I’m shaking my head. The morning of the meet they changed the schedule and pushed the masters portion of the meet from around noon to around 2:30. Irritating, but no biggie! The 400 was scheduled for 3:50. I arrived at 2:00, and they were still doing the youth meet. I waited an hour to register and then another hour with my wife, and they still hadn’t even finished the youth competition! They had gotten THREE hours behind. The 400 would likely go off at close to 6:45 or 7:00. I left that s***show and headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment