Saturday, September 9, 2017

good for now


Sat, 9/9-On this beautiful late summer morning, I ran the 9/11 Heroes Run 5K in Bridgewater this morning. Having had a long but great time last night (rich food, deep drinks, etc.), I wasn't sure I was going to compete today.  I woke up groggily, but then decided to compete after I felt better.  I arrived early enough for a thorough warmup.  In fact, I ran the three miles of the course as warmup, at a slower pace, of course.  The course was all road and featured a couple of gradual hills, nothing really arduous.  I believe I ran a very even race, winning my age group and placing sixth overall in a field of a couple of hundred people.  Even though the announcer said 18:43, the unofficial time listed on the website was 18:54 (6:05 pace).  This mark, if accurate, is passable for now, particularly since the course was long at 3.17M (5:58 pace).  

After the race, I bumped into Charles (Chip) Chavalier, who wound up placing second in our age group.  We were called to the stage and accepted our medals together, as well as enjoyed a photo opp. 

Fri, 9/8-took off


Thurs, 9/7-Ran 7M at 6:00 AM in 54:15, or 7:45 per mile pace.


Wed, 9/6-ran about 4M at 6:15AM in the pouring rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment