Thursday, July 21, 2016

I picked up the pace

Thursday, 7/21-After months long hiatus, I connected with the Thursday morning crew at the WC Country Club at 5:40 AM.  The group featured quite a gender balance today.  Now that there is a Friday morning "speed" workout for distance runners at WC Henderson's track on Friday mornings, the Thursday morning run seemed to have a more casual feel.  There was no workout within the run, only a state-state trot.  Several people pulled off at the two-, three-, or four- mile mark.  No one went the full distance.  I had thought about going for about seven, cutting off at the mark I had been using last fall.  However, the crew headed in a different direction, shortening the run even more than I had planned for myself.

At any rate, we reached the four-mile mark in about 29:30 (I heard Steve Harris' watch beep, marking what I assumed to be the four-mile mark.  I had previously used a mark about 75 meters farther along as the 4M mark.)  Running alone for the last .3M, I picked up the pace.  Total distance: 6.1-6.2M Time 45:05.  7:15/:20 pace.

Wednesday, 7/20-took off

Tuesday, 7/19-ran through Rustin HS campus and to Goose Creek Park for a couple of loops.  Total distance: 4.35-4.4M.  I cannot recall, but I think I managed 7:30 pace.


Monday, 7/18-went to the YMCA at 7:15 AM for 3 x 1 mile (with 4:00 of stretching and lifting between each mile).

-Mile 1 on donut track--6:40
-Mile 2 on treadmill--6:20
-Mile 3 on donut--6:00

Sunday, 7/17-ooops.  Don't recall what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment