Sunday, November 1, 2015

"...plenty of things that we could be doing that feel good," so says Rob.

Sunday, 11/1--On this 56-degree but a bit windy day, I headed to Radnor HS to meet Bruce, Duncan, Carl, Rob (he's back!), and John (he's back, too!).  Newcomer Athena runner Rebecca showed as well.  The workout, at Bruce's behest, was 3 x (300 @ 48 (2 min rest), 200 @ 30 (2 min rest), 150 @ 21 (2 min rest) with 800-meter jog (6 min) between sets).

My runs: Set 1--49-low, 29-high, 20-mid; Set 2--47-high, 29-mid, 20-mid; Set 3--47-low, 29-low, 20-mid.  The 2-minute rests hovered around 2:15, and the 6-minute rests were about 7.  

I think this workout was sufficiently challenging for everyone, although at least two people seemed to be game for a fourth set!  Perhaps next time we'll make that happen.

While I can no longer recall the exact context of his remark, during our post-workout commiseration period Rob observed,  "There are plenty of things that we could be doing that feel good, but we're not doing them now."  Just like Bruce has come to call me the executioner, I think I'll start calling Rob double entendre!  

3 comments:

  1. It hurt, but I liked it. Thanks Executioner !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad you liked the workout. Until next time...

      Delete
  2. It hurt, but I liked it. Thanks Executioner !

    ReplyDelete