Thursday, November 12, 2015

I had no real idea

Thursday, 11.12.15-Arrived late to for the run AGAIN.  The crew was nearly a minute ahead of me.  I learned about a half-mile into the run, when passing a couple of people, that the workout was a 3-mile tempo.  I had no real idea of when/where the tempo would start.  I tried to close the gap between the main group and me before reaching the starting point.

The starting point, for me, wound up being at the 11:00-mark, about 1.5M into the run.  I started the tempo and felt flat from the beginning.  There was "low-hanging fruit" in front of me, but I had neither the motivation nor inclination to catch them.  Instead I just kept pace with them, hanging anywhere between 25 and 50 meters behind them.  The 3-mile mark was in the industrial area at a semi-random pine tree.   Reaching what was probably the 4.5M mark, I had covered the 3-mile tempo in 19:30, or 6:30 mile pace.  This was better than I thought.  As we jogged on Fern Hill, I heard John Lavin, who was in the group that started well before I had, mention that his miles were 6:22, 6:32, 6:18, or something like that.  This means he was running at an average of about 6:25/mile pace.  I really wasn't that bad off pace.  I would imagine that Manion and Ed were a bit faster.  Oh well.

Wednesday, 11/11/15-Took off

No comments:

Post a Comment