Monday, August 17, 2015

forcing myself to run

Sunday, 8.16.15-

Tried a repeat of what I did last Sunday:  Y with V to do three (3) sets of 7:45 mile/4:00 upper body lift.  Once home, continue the effort with a relatively relaxed 5.7M run...for a total of 8.7M.

I handled the Y part just fine, even casually running two of the miles in 7:30.

Two-and-a-half miles into my run, I just stopped.  It was so hot and humid, and I felt too dehydrated to continue.  Stopping after the first of three loops around Goose Creek part,  I stole some shade.  I waited the exact equivalent of time I would have expended for the additional two laps (7:50) before continuing.  I ran for another mile before resting again.  I walked a couple of minutes before forcing myself to run the last mile in 6:27.  

No comments:

Post a Comment