Saturday, September 6, 2014

I felt good about this.

Friday, 9/5--took off

Thursday, 9/4-Met up with the crew at 5:40 AM for the 7.9M loop.  We were responsible for 12 sets of 1 min hard running/1 min casual pace. As usual, the workout portion of the run commenced about 1.65M miles into the run (13:05).  I hung close to the "top" group, which wasn't really a top group today, as several folks were doing a lesser workout because they planned to compete on Friday.  I reached the 4-mile mark in about 28:30.  I thought I'd get there before 28:00.  By this point we still had 4 sets to go.  Knowing I had to head back, I did the 11th one and, shortly thereafter, turned on, well, Turner Lane.  This is nearly the 5-mid mark.  I made a left on Goshen, which feeds into E Marshall.  I took Marshall to High St, on which I made a right to get to West Virginia.  Then I was onto N. Darlington and back to Ashbridge.  Total distance 7.1+M.   52:00.

Wednesday, 9/3-Went to the Y.  Alternated upper body work and mile runs at 6:50 pace (3).

Tuesday, 9/2-Went to WC Henderson HS at 5:40 AM.  The workout was a 5:00 tempo, followed closely by a hard 1200m, followed by 4x600.

Like last week, I hung back on the tempo, covering 1200 in 5:00.  After all the 5:00 tempo was supposed to be at a pace we could hold for up to an hour.

After a minute or so, Kevin called all 50+ of us to the line for the 1200.  From the outset, I was aggressive.  Within seconds, I realized that J. Ryan, Scott Burns, and John Manion were the only cats in front of me.  I was 75 seconds at the 400.  I hung right behind Manion as Ryan and Scott increased their distance with every stride.  I was at 2:32 at the 800.  Feeling strong, I overtook Manion with 250m to go.  By this time, the other two were close to 50m ahead.  3:48 was my time.  Not bad.  I felt good about this.

The 600s were downright ugly.  In fact, the first was in 2:20, the second and third were actually 500s, and the fourth was in 2:00.

Monday, 9/1-Labor Day.  Tried to do my 5.7M loop, but the humidity sapped me.  I managed about 4.75M.

Sun, 8/31-Tried to do a long run, but the humidity stunted me.  I managed only about 4-4.25M.

No comments:

Post a Comment