Saturday, September 27, 2014

I'd hit about 10M.

Sat, 9/27-

The plan was to do 11.4M, but when I arrived at Goose Creek Park two miles into my run, I saw that the park was overrun by cars and people preparing for the duck boat race.  I did my usual three loops around the park, and headed back towards Rustin's property. About 4.7M into the run, I just stopped.  The watch read 35:00.  I wasn't tired, per se, just pensive.  I walked for a few minutes, thinking about things and enjoying the beautiful day.   At the marker I use for my 800m repeats on the XC course, I began to jog.  I ran a half-mile, then decided what I would do: begin at my "favorite" telephone pole across from my street and do three loops around the XC.   With each loop measuring close to 1.6M, I'd cover between 4.7 and 4.8M (in 36:20).  With the initial 4.7M and subsequent .5M, I'd hit about 10M.  

Now I have to start planning for my workout with Justin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment