Saturday, September 13, 2014

All by my lonesome

Friday, 9/12-

Took the day off, guilt-free.  Yippie!

Thursday, 9/11-

Met with with the crew in town.  Got there late.  No time to stretch.  Got out of the car, and we were off for the 7.9M run.  Workout was a 4-mile tempo beginning at about the 2-mile mark.  The top group seemed to be moving at a pretty good warm-up pace, leaving the rest of us in their wake.  I felt sluggish, but I tried not to let that get in the way of my determination to do the tempo run.

I reached the "start mark" for the tempo at 14:35.  I was all by my lonesome for a while; the top group was nearly out of sight by this point (they probably reached the corner a minute earlier), the second wave was behind me by 5-10 seconds, and many of those farther behind me elected not to do the tempo.  

The first mile I took kind of easy.  I could see that I was making up ground on Pete (Henderson's girls' tennis coach/PE teacher).  The first mile was in about 7:05.  I'd drop down for the rest.  I caught Pete at about the 2-mile mark.  He then peeled off.  My second mile was about 6:50.  My third mile was in 6:30.  I could see someone else from afar who probably fell from the top group.  I'd catch him during the last mile, which was in about 6:15.  I reached New Street, the stopping point for the tempo portion of the run, in 41:15, which means I did the tempo run in 26:40.  I averaged 6:40 per mile.  Marcy, who's now quite the powerhouse, finished a mere 30 seconds or so after I did.  I EXAMINED THE ROUTE AGAIN AND SEE THAT NEW STREET MARKS 4.10M, NOT 4M.  THUS, I WAS PROBABLY AT 40:45 AT THE 4-M MARK (ABOUT 6:23/MILE PACE).

No comments:

Post a Comment