Saturday, March 30, 2013

Uphill drills

March 29, 2013--

I ran a Rustin Plus loop.  As planned, I stopped part-way through my second loop at the bridge after the tennis courts (about 3.5M in 27:30) to stretch and do some uphill drills, per my PT's instructions.  After stretching large muscle groups, I did one set of high knees, butt kicks, and skipping up the hill towards the stadium.  The distance was about 40 meters or so.  However, I wasn't sure if the hill grade is what the doctor had ordered.  I then jogged .33M or so to the hill on Shiloh just beyond Rustin's campus main entrance.  I did another set of drill on this hill before heading to the steeper hill adjacent the baseball field and leading down to the High School Drive, which cuts through the campus. I did another set of drills.  This hill had a steeper grade.  I varied the distances of my drills, opting to go about 30 meters for my high knees, 40 meters for my butt kicks and 50 meters for my skips. 

I then made my way .35M back home so that we could head to DC to visit American University.

The workout was fine, expect my periformis issues have not subsided as much as I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment