Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dammit! I am determined to get through this.

Saturday, 3/16/13--

After warming up in and around the neighborhood (2.2M, Rustin-plus loop), I did my PT exercises in my family room and stretched in my garage before heading to Westtown School's track.  I did a few sprint drills in preparation for my 200s.  About 100 meters into my first 200, which was supposed to be in 29 seconds, my calf knotted up and cramped badly, so much so I was writhing in pain.  I left the track immediately, soaked in a hot tub of water for 30 minutes, and have been doing a hot/cold therapy combination since.  I am concerned.  Dammit!  I am determined to get through this.  But I have to do so in a few days, or else...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yikes is right. I feel a bit better this morning, although I am definitely not out of the woods. It looks like I won't be able to get in a sprint workout this week. I suppose, then, my workout will be this weekend's meet.

      Delete
  2. Good you're feeling better!
    I don't think that a sprint work out this week will help your chances at the meet this weekend (physically that is mentally is another thing) and the risk is higher for more bad than good coming from it. I say that but, I just did 400, and 3 x 200 & 3 x 100 trying to sharping up. Not all out around 85-90%. I feel I'm behind I missed 4 days of running with a stomach flu. Not sure how I'll do this weekend I know I'm sure not where I wanted to be but sometime life and work trumps training.
    Trumps Training!!!! I can't believe I just wrote that Training is very high on my list! I need to adjust my priorities !! :-)
    I think everyone should Train, period! We've been given a marvelous adaptive intelligent machine worth more than any amount on money. We should not take it for granted!

    Sorry about that just came out. Maybe I'm trying to motivate myself! :-)

    Plan it smart Delvin I'm sure you have a lot in the training bank so prob smart to ease up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite your stomach flu, you are feeling better condition than I am at this point. I have done some general running this week but I will not do any sprinting until Friday.

      Delete