Sunday, November 3, 2019

I should stretch them.

Sun, 11/3/19

Was supposed to meet up with Wayne and Bruce today at GA, but the plan was hampered some. Bruce was running late and then encountered road closures due to a race in South Jersey, so he bagged the workout with Wayne and me. Wayne and I arrived at GA, only to find a LAX tourney about to start. So, we made our way to Upper Dublin's track, which we initially couldn't find but eventually did. We noted a fair bot of activity, or at least some setting up for activity. (Incidentally, as we began working out a LAX game started on the field next to the track. And soon after we finished up, a group of soccer boys emerged on the field.)

Given the topsy turvy start to the morning, I revised what I had in mind, thinking that it would accommodate Wayne's preference fir shorter distances. 150s it was. To get a sense of what we were looking at, I asked him how many repeats he thought he had in him He said four or five. I figured, then, that we'd do 5x150 together and I'd tack on a few more after that.

We would start from 24 and work our way down to 20 (24-23-22-21-20), with 3:00 between each effort. We went 22.5, 23.1, 22.4, 21.1, and 20.6. I then made few more efforts, intending to go 23, 21, and 19. I posted 23.5, 21.4, and 20.2. My hips felt tight. I think I should stretch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment