Saturday, August 11, 2018

Talk about swamp foot!

Aug 11, 2018-

On this soggy, humid day I was scheduled to do 10x1 min up a shallow hill; walk back down recovery. I went back and forth about the venue: the foot of Sourland Mountains, the ridge at Colonial Park, or the front stretch at Deer Path Park in Flemington. I decided on Colonial, thinking the more familiar venue would be better today, particularly since there was heavy thunder and lightning this morning. 

I arrived at the Millstone entrance to D&R Canal State Park as the rain mostly subsided. It was still drizzling as I jogged 1.52M (12:45, or 8:23 per mile pace) to the site (pavilion) in Colonial as my warmup.

Starting at the portion of the sidewalk (that leads to the pavilion) closet to the park marker (near where the sidewalk intersects with the parking lot), I made my way up the soggy stretch of glass to the tree line. My 60-sec runs ranged between .31km (310m) and .32km (320m). or .20M. Per the instructions, I walked back down to the origin, for a generous rest of four (4) minutes. 

Ten of these babies felt okay, although I was not a fan of all the animal crap I encountered in the soggy grass. Talk about swamp foot!

I cooled down the same way I warmed up...1.52M (12:55, or 8:30 per mile pace).

Moderate workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment