Sunday, August 5, 2018

I have a 75:00 run today. Argh!

Sun, 8/5-I have a 75:00 run today. Argh! I will probably head to Duke Island Park for 4 loops (2.11M each) around the park, with the fourth loop being the 5K course. This would be 9.48M.

Sat, 8/4 -

Today was supposed to consist of two workouts: an easy 30-minute run for the AM session and 10 x (1 min faster than normal pace/1 min slower than normal pace). 

Headed to the canal path and did an easy run.  I ran on the less-used side, covering about 1.95M in 16:00. I picked up the pace some on the way back, reaching my origin at 30:00. 16:00, 14:00 back. 

In the afternoon it was humid and around 90 degrees. Nonetheless,  I continued my work. I headed back to the canal path. I jogged to the stone paver area of the path (.75M from the origin) and stretched for a few minutes. I then started with the 1 min slower than normal pace. (I'm still wondering which normal pace the plan refers: race normal, steady state run normal, etc. Normal is such a relative term.) After a minute, I kicked into faster-than-normal-pace. And so forth. I took this gig down 1.38M to the 2.13M mark and turned around smack dead in the middle of one of my pick-ups. I wound up finishing about 75 meters beyond the bridge, .2M beyond where I began. This basically means I went down 1.38M and came back 1.58M. At the 1.38M I was at 9:30; I then covered the 1.58M in 10:30. Out was 6:53 per mile pace; back was 6:39 per mile pace. My thought was to run the "slower" minutes at 8:00 and the "faster" minutes in 6:00, for a 7:00 average pace. This is likely too slow, so I am glad to see my averages dip below 7:00, which means I was probably running both my slower and faster minutes faster than 8:00 and 6:00 minute paces, or running one of the two substantially faster than expected. Perhaps I was going 7:53 pace and 5:53 pace on the way out an 7:40 pace and 5:40 pace on the way back! 

In the future, I will start 100 meters shy of the stone pavers, so that as soon as I reach the other side of that stretch 60 seconds will have elapsed and it'll be time for me to run my first hard minute. This'll mean I'll reach the turnaround point (the gate) at 10:00 as I am finishing a jog. I'd then be able to turn and head back beginning hard.  Of course I say all this, not really knowing if I'll have another opportunity for this workout, per my regimen. 

Fri, 8/3-Rest. Yes!

Thurs, 8/2-

The workout today was supposed to be a 30-min run, with the last 10 minutes at 10K pace. Since I took off from work today, Davirah and I went to the Canal trail. I ran 16 minutes down (close to 2M) and headed back (out and back route), with the idea that I would take the pace down to 10K when I had 1.5M to go. I reached this mark in 21:00. I figured I'd over the last 1.5M in 10:00 and finish up at 31:00. I wound up covering it in 8:55 (5:56 per mile pace) for a total run of 29:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment