Tuesday, February 11, 2014

That's all folks

2/11/14

With all of the snow on the ground, I am desperate for a track.  And with a great deal more snow in the forecast, I am getting antsy about the next 2-3 weeks over which I was hoping to ramp up my training.   Today, I decided to stay in the neighborhood and do a workout on Rustin's property.  Even though I got up at 4:45 AM, I underestimated how much time I needed to get warm enough in this 16-degree weather.  I ran about 10 minutes and returned home to stretch in the basement.  I then drove the van to Rustin’s stadium.  I realized then that 8x300 (on the street behind Rustin's stadium) would be impossible unless I took 1:30-2:00 between each repeat.  Like the last time, I just planned to do 300s (The actual distance is 290 meters.) without any differentiation.  My hope was to start with a pretty fast one and end the same way.  

I wore my racing flats.  I’d take 3:00 rest between repeats: a walk/jog back to the start.

My runs:
#1: 46.3 Not a good start compared to last week’s effort. 
#2: 43.4 
#3: 44.4
#4: 44.6
Realizing that I was running out of time and yet needed to do some shorter speed work, I transitioned to 150s w/ 1:45 rest in-between:
20.7
20.5
20.3


Time for a 2:00 cool down.  That’s all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment