Saturday, February 22, 2014

I had a sucky workout today

Feb 21-I had a sucky workout today.

Given that the tracks are still covered with snow despite the near-60-degree weather today, I had to use the stretch behind Rustin's stadium...again!  I jogged there from home, racing flats in hand.  I sensed that I was tired during my warm-up.  I felt flat.  I tried to move on.  

My initial thought was to do 12 x 300, in sets of 4, each 2 seconds faster than the other: 4@48, 4@46, 4@44, and 4@42.  I'd take 3:00 between repeats, with no additional rest between sets.

I did the first in 48, but it felt terrible.  I then did the next one uphill in 50.  This was awful.  I felt like I was coming down with something.  I then bumped into a buddy of mine on a run.  I chatted for a few and then decided that I would just adjust the workout and not stress out too much.  I wound up doing an additional 8 150s in 22, alternating uphill and downhill, with 90 seconds' rest between runs. 

I am disappointed that I couldn't take advantage of this mild day.  But what can you do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment