Wednesday, May 22, 2013

That's what happens when I cut distance out of my running diet.

Wed, May 22--Ran a sluggish 4M around the neighborhood in a pedestrian 33:00.

Tuesday, May 21--Henderson. Workout: 800m tempo, mile time trial, 4x200. The mile time trial was a bit challenging to do 6:00 in the morning. I should have worn my spikes, opting instead for my racing flats.  There were about 60 -70 people there.  I really didn't feel like getting out of bed to make the trip, but I decided to do so anyway.  I warmed up, but felt a little blah.  I made it to the line, figuring it was going to be tough and ugly.  It was.  I got out well enough and felt good. I hit 76 at the 400, then 2:32 at the half (this was a full mile, too). I was with Manion, Kevin K, John Callaghan and several others.  Scott Burns and Ed McConnell were way out front.  I felt myself losing confidence during the third lap. I saw 3:53 after 3 laps. I saw Scott and Ed and others begin to extend their lead. I really tightening up. Several passed me, as I finished in the mediocre 5:16, ten seconds slower than my fall time.  That's what happens when I cut distance out of my running diet. 


Monday, May 20--Went to Y to lift.



No comments:

Post a Comment