Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Better luck next Tuesday

Wednesday, 1/23/13--

3/4M on donut track in 5:05
lat and fly machines (4:00)
3/4M on treadmill in 4:58
adduction and leg curl machines (4:00)
3/4M on track in 4:45
military press and leg press machines (4:00)
Went home.

I felt like I had a little pep in my step.


Tuesday, 1/22/13--

Hills day with 60 others in 16 degree weather!  Like last week's bout, today's hill day was not strong, although better than last week's effort.  Granted, the time of 16:35 was 5 seconds slower than last week's, but I also skipped hill #6 last week.  I was a bit leisurely today, not fighting my way to keep pace.  I ran with Rachel for the first few, and then she left me.  I was a little embarrassed actually.  I am still not 100%, breathing-wise.  I also figure that I should take off Mondays in order to make these hill days more productive.  So, in contrast to the first week's solid 16:00, these last two weeks have stunk up the place.  (It's quite impressive that John Callaghan posted a 14:58 and Ed McConnell was not far behind in 15:00.  And here I am trying to get back to 16:00.  Maybe I've taken off too much edge by cutting down on my distance running.  At any rate, better luck next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment