Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday--went to Henderson today, the first time in what seems like forever...on account of my focus on Penn Relays.  The workout was 6x800 with a 200 meter jog in-betwee.  I was initially unenthused.  But when the wokout got underway I was fine.  The first three were fine: 2:52, 2:44, 2:43.  I stepped out of the third one.  I stepped back in for the remaining ones, which I did in 2:42.  As it turned out, Manion and another dude dropped out after the 5th one.  Kevin and I did #6 together, him trailing me.  How 'bout those apples?

Monday--ran 2.2 miles and stretched.  Nothing much here.

Sunday--went to masters developmental meet at West Chester Univ with an eye towards running the 400 and 200.  Had a reasonably good warm up, although I felt sore and tight.  I was in lane 6 in the 400, with the top two runners to my inside and Renee Henderson to my immediate outside.  All 8 lanes were taken; the heat was full.  I got out pretty well, catching Renee at the 100 meter mark.  I could feel the 19-year old Coatesville grad come up on me as we approached the 200.  A second runner from lane 4 caught us both.  I tried to hang on as we took the turn.  As we came out of the turn I was clearly in 3rd and tried to stay focused, as the leader pulled away to 51 seconds.  The second kiddo ran 53 and I ran 54--54.61 to be exact.  Next was the 200.  I wound up being in lane 5, with someone to my immediate right in lane 6 and someone to my immediate left in lane 4.  I got out pretty well, keeping my head down.  My teammate in lane 4 caught me as we were coming out of the turn.  Instead of pressing, I tried to relax and maintain my composure.  Doing so led to a 24.61, a season best.  I left the finish line and jogged back to where my stuff was.  I wasn't particularly pressed, a good sign.

Saturday--ran a couple of miles with my wife and dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment