Saturday, May 26, 2012

I just started these things!

Sat, May 26--I had tentative plans to workout with someone today--Matt Crowell from TNT.  However, the plan feel through.  Nonetheless, I made my way to Westtown School's track for a little action.  I figured I'd do 6 100s just to get some speed work in.  The warm up and stretching felt uncomfortable.  My left leg still feels sore, stiff and tight, like a tendon has gone bad or something.   Anyway, I began with a pedestian 13.6.  I felt unsettled and haphazard.  I then visualized relaxing, lifting my knees and getting my feet out in front of me so that I could feel like I was stepping. I simulated this physically as well.  My next 100 was then 12.9.  I followed this same pattern to recharge, taking 3 minutes between each 100.  The third hundred was 12.8, followed by 12.8, 12.6, and 12.4.  I finished with 4 starts, as I worked on keeping my head down for the first 20 meters.  I was successful with 3 out of the 4 tries.

The last time I remember doing 100s in the 12-second range consistently at was perhaps 3 years ago when I worked out at Swarthmore in-between Alumni Council meetings.  I did 6 100s just to test my speed and turnover. Rounded up, they were 12.5, 12.4, 11.9, 12.2, 12.0, and 11.8. 

I'm about a half-second off where I'd like to be with my 100 repeats in 2012.  Then again, to be fair to myself, I am older and I just started these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment