Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Beginning of hills

Wednesday, December 2, 2009: Was tired this morning since I went to bed late. Decided to try my luck at some hills. Warmed up 1.2. Stretched near school sign. Jogged down to Street Road and began my hills. The hill is .185 mi (or about 300 m). Ran up; jogged down. Wound up doing 6, each about 1 minute. The beginning of hills season felt pretty good. Cooled down 1.2 miles.
Total: about 5.0 miles.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009: Went to Henderson for last Kevin Kelly interval workout (on track) for the year. Warmed up 1.3 miles. Similar to last year, the track was a little icy, so we ran the perimeter of the turf field. The workout was run 2 laps, jog 1 lap, run 1 lap, jog a lap--4 sets. Two laps=approx 600 meters; 1 lap=300 meters. I hopped in after the first set, choosing to do 3 sets and not to time the repeats. I felt good, keeping up with Joe, Kevin and Rachel. In fact, I held back a little. To be honest, though, the short recovery is still tough for me. Cooled down 1.2. Total: 5.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment