Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trying to get back into a groove

I went to Henderson today for what I knew would be another challenging workout...at least for me--4X1600@ 10K pace with a 200 meter jog-rest. Like last week, Kevin said the repeats should be at 10K pace, but I think we wound up running faster than that. At this point in my training, it felt like 5K pace, sorry to say. I skipped the first one, as I decided to devote more time to stretching my Achilles. My runs were 5:58, 5:57, 5:53, with 800 meter splits of 2:59, 2:58, and 2:59, respectively.

In the middle of the second one, I told myself that I could tackle this workout, despite what has been a crisis of confidence.

Like last week, I do wonder whether I would have been able to make it through the whole workout had I run the first 1600. Overall, I was pretty pleased with my effort.

Warm up 1.3
Workout 3.3
Cool down 1.0
TOTAL 5.6 miles

Starting tomorrow I will try to get myself back on a regimen.

Monday--do 30 minute tempo run
Tuesday--do interval training @ Henderson
Wednesday--run 30 minutes easy, bike to and from Penn Oaks to lift, or take off
Thursday--do long run (about 60 minutes) in WC Borough
Friday--run 30 minutes easy, bike to and from Penn Oaks to lift, or take off, depending on what I did on Wednesday
Saturday--do 30 minute fartlek
Sunday--run to Penn Oaks (lifting)--out and back easy--6.6 total

No comments:

Post a Comment