Tuesday, August 11, 2009

He's back...I think

I went to Henderson today for what I knew would be a challenging workout...at least for me--5x1200 @ 10K pace with a 200 meter jog-rest. Admittedly, Kevin said it should be at 10K pace, but I think we wound up running faster than 10K pace for most of the people there. 4:21-4:26 anyone? Seems more like a 5K pace! I skipped the first one, opting for a more thorough stretch of my Achilles instead. My runs were 4:26, 4:25, 4:24, 4:21, with 800 meter splits of 2:59, 2:58, 2:57, and 2:56 respectively. Chop those splits in half and there you'd have the 400 meter splits.

Once I had finished the second one, I told myself that I could do it, despite having not run with so little recovery in a while. I just have to do that every time.

I do wonder whether I would have been able to make it through the whole workout had I run the first 1200. In the end, I was pretty pleased with my effort. And I am not hurting at the moment! He's back...I think

No comments:

Post a Comment