Sunday, October 3, 2021

Meet and greet...10 miles

Sat, 10/2-

After attending a 9:00am meet and greet at our new Pottersville Campus, I headed to our Basking Ridge Campus to get in a long run and some work before working the football game against Greenwich Country Day.

I changed and readied for what I had hoped would be an easy long run. I started at 11:00am, figuring I'd run at a slow pace and get in 10 miles...in 90 minutes. I started out from the athletics entrance and made my way to Mountain Park, covering the first mile in an easy 9:15. The second mile was 8:25. My right calf cramped up, so I stopped to stretch it at the 2.25M mark and again at 2.65M mark. I feared that I would have to abandon my effort, but I started up again. The calf loosened some, and I was able to manage the rest of the run. The third mile was in 8:05. The next few miles hovered at or just below 8:00. The last few miles were 7:50 down to 7:30.

The 10 miles were covered in 81:15, for an average pace of 8:07.


Fri, 10/1-

Parked at the Y and did my 4M (32:00) in the neighborhood, followed by 15-20 minutes of lifting and stretching inside the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment