Monday, July 30, 2018

Normal is such a relative term.

Monday, 7/30-

On tap this morning was a 45:00 run. Parked at the YMCA and then did a 5.8M route in 43:50.

Sunday, 7/29-

Scheduled for today was a 60:00 run. For this I went to Duke Island Park. I did two loops and made a third loop the 5K route...for a total of 7.4M. After I finished in 56:00, I tacked on an additional .6M for an even 60:00 (for a grand total of 8M).

Saturday, 7/28-

Today was supposed to consist of two workouts: an easy 30-minute run for the AM session and 10 x (1 min faster than normal pace/1 min slower than normal pace).

Headed to the canal path and did an easy run with V. She ran about 21:30 (2.12M), and I kept going for a total of 3.4 in 32:30.

In the afternoon, I continued my work. I headed back to the canal path despite the humidity. I jogged to the stone paver area of the path and stretched for a few minutes. I then started with the 1 min slower than normal pace. (I'm still wondering which normal pace the plan refers: race normal, steady state run normal, etc. Normal is such a relative term.) After a minute, I kicked into faster-than-normal-pace. And so forth. I took this gig to a few hundred meters beyond the road and turned around. I wound up finishing at around the mile marker, shy of the stone pavers.

In the future, I will start at the bridge (the one that connects to Colonial Park) with 1 minute hard, and I'll turn back around when I hit the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment