Saturday, July 21, 2018

Fitbit ain't one bit fit!

Sat, 7/21-After taking off a few days, I figured I'd do a substantial run of 60 minutes today, per my 5K plan. First generation Fitbit in hand (or on arm more precisely), I hit the canal trail for this effort. I took the stretch of trail opposite of the parking lot in Milltown. A few minutes into the run, I was reminded why I don't like to use the Fitbit I have: it never measures correctly. I know what a mile feel like, but the Fitbit doesn't. My particular version measure .9 mile for every mile I run. What's more, it is inconsistent. For example, I reached 3.38M, turned back around, followed the exact same path back to the start for the identical distance, and the Fitbit registered 3.17M. 3.17! What happened? Ridic. And, of course, the 3.38M was really 3.7 or so. So, I hit this mark in 30:30, and figured I'd head back in 29:30 for a total of 60 minutes. I finished up at 59:25 instead.

30:30 down (8:15/mi pace)
28:55 back (7:49/mi pace)

FitBit wouldn't know as much. Fitbit ain't one bit fit!

Fri, 7/20-took off

Thurs, 7/19-took off

Wed, 7/18-took off

No comments:

Post a Comment