Monday, June 4, 2018

Today was nothing short of crappy!

Mon, June 4-I had planned to do a track workout, but it was raining. I went to the Y instead for 3 x (7:30 mile, 4:00 stretch/lift). Of course the rain stopped as I approached the Y.

Sun, June 3-took off. Alumni Weekend.

Sat, June 2-took off. Alumni Weekend.

Fri, June 1-left work early (almost 2PM) for 25th class reunion. Had signed up to compete at the John Hay Distance Festival at West Chester Henderson. With Bria in tow, I got clogged in traffic. Made my way to hotel and then dashed off to the venue. Had to have teammate Chuck K. register me for the 5:45 PM, as I was headed to arrive at 5:15 or so. On this 90-degree day, I warmed up and stretched nicely. I was groggy but otherwise okay. I bumped into a few EA (Episcopal Academy) folks...

I learned I was in heat 3, lane 7 for the 400. There was one person to my outside in lane 8 and four to my inside. The race was awful. I ran like crap. My back was sore, and I felt it the last 100 meters. I remember seeing the time 40.xx at the top of the homestretch. The last 100 must've taken me 16 or 17 seconds to run! 57.40 is slowest time I've run as a master, excluding the mark at this meet last year when my blocks slipped from under me and I nearly fell. OMG!

Things continue to suck as I took the 40 minutes after the 400 to prepare for the 200. I was assigned lane 1 in heat 3. Thinking I could redeem myself, I tried to get my mind prepared. I felt super sluggish during the race, like I was in a fog. This explains my 26.13, the slowest 200 I've ever posted as a masters runner. I felt so flaccid, out of shape, out of form. Today was nothing short of crappy!

I need an intervention.

Thurs, May 31-took off

Wed, May 30-Brief track workout of 2x150 in 21-mid and 20-mid and 2x100 in 13-mid and 13-low.

Tues, May 29-left hotel at 3AM on shuttle...6AM flight.


Mon, May 28-New Orleans. Ran a mile on treadmill. Stretched. Then did 300m equivalents on treadmill on its highest setting, 5:00 min/mile.

Sun, May 27-New Orleans. Ran a couple of miles, then lifted a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment