Sunday, December 17, 2017

Could I be getting stronger?

Saturday, 12/16-With snow still on the ground and track, I went to the Y with V for a nice workout.  After an 8:00 mile warmup on the treadmill, my plan was to do a 2M tempo run.  I managed just under 12:00 on the treadmill, right on the spot.  I then lifted for 15 minutes or so.  Could I be getting stronger?  I've never lifted this frequently!

Friday, 12/15-Went to the Y at just before 6AM for what I will call 4 and 4s: 4:00 on the treadmill, 4:00 lifting.  I started at 8:00 pace (.5M) and worked my way down to 6:15 (.65M), over 4 rotations.

Thursday, 12/14-Went to Pingry in the early morning for a sprint workout on the Curve Treadmill.  I was itching for a little speed, even with the track covered.  After a mile warmup in the field house, I hit the Curve for 8 x 30 seconds with 90 seconds rest.  The machine wasn't that bad.  I had never used it really.  It was a good workout.

Wednesday, 12/13-Went to the Y at just before 6AM for what I will call 4 and 4s: 4:00 on the treadmill, 4:00 lifting.  I started at 8:00 pace (.5M) and worked my way down to 6:15 (.65M), over 4 rotations.

Tuesday, 12/12-Went to Pingry in the early morning hours, believing that the track had been cleared of snow.  After warming up in the field house, I went outside to begin a 2M or 2.5M tempo/lactate threshold run.  When I got to the 300m mark, I hit snow and ice!  Argh.  The stretch was for close to 100 meters.  On the spot, I decided I would just do 300s with a 100m jog of about 45 seconds.  I wound up doing 8 of them, each in about 60 seconds. This would have to do.  I then went into the weight room for some lifting.


No comments:

Post a Comment