Monday, December 11, 2017

Worse than expected/Better than expected

Monday, 12/11-took off

Sunday, 12/10-Went to the Y with V.  Took it easy after yesterday's meet.
4:00 on treadmill at about 7:45 pace
4:00 lifting--one upper body machine, one leg machine
4:00 on treadmill at about 7:20 pace
4:00 lifting--one upper body machine, one leg machine
4:00 on treadmill at about 6:55 pace
4:00 lifting--one upper body machine, one leg machine
4:00 on treadmill at about 6:30 pace

Saturday, 12/9-Left home at about 11:20AM to head to Lehigh University's Fast Times Before Finals meet.  I had registered for the 500 and 200, with seed times of 1:13 and 26.5.  I connected with a couple of teammates: Ross O'Neil, Wayne Folk, Wally Hernandez..  My first race was scheduled for 1:55, although it wound up being a bit earlier since men were running before women, a change from what was listed on time schedule.

I ran a mile warm up on this snowy day.

I was in heat 8 (of 9), lane 5 (of 6).  There was one guy to my outside and 3 to my inside, a nearly full heat.

I got out reasonably well and found myself in third at the 200.  I saw 43xx at the 300 meter mark.  But, I was boxed in.  I spent the next 150 a little stuck.  I imagine I was at 58xx at the 400.  I wasn't quite able to muster a strong enough kick to overcome my deficit.  So, 1:14.60, fifth in my heat and a little worse than expected, would have to do...for now.  I jogged off the track afterwards, knowing I had a second or two left in the tank.

I cooled down.

I warmed up again, another mile.  With plenty of time to spare, I stretched again.

For the 200, I was in heat 12 (of 14), lane 6, with no one to my outside.  I got our well, but the guy to my immediate inside caught me at about the 130-meter mark.  I tried to relax and keep my arms moving, managing 25.97, 2nd in my heat and better than expected.


Friday, 12/8-took off

No comments:

Post a Comment