Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Challenged a bit

Wed-

Tues, July 4th-Met up with Rob, John, Bruce, Andrew, Phil and Chuck S. at Germantown Academy.  On tap was a 400 time trial, followed by a couple of 200s.

My 400 time trial was 55.9, although Chuck clocked me in 56.2.  NOT!  As was the case before, I relaxed during the first 200, not making up the stagger on a strong-looking Rob. I drove during the second 200, probably running even splits.

John seemed to be 10 meters ahead at the 200-meter mark.  I cut the lead in half over the second 200.  According to Chuck, he ran 55-mid. 

Rob and Phil ran 57 and change.

Bruce ran 60-point, and Andrew ran 61-point.

We waited 13 or 14 minutes before tackling the 200s.  Phil wanted to do a couple at 800 race pace, with 60 seconds' rest.  My first was 31-low; my second was 30-mid.   

The meal at Breakfast Bar (Abington) featured pretty good food and spirited, if not political, conversation.  Too bad the waitstaff was challenged a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment