Friday, January 8, 2016

I went home an ice cube.

Fri, 1/8-took off.

Thurs, 1/7-tried to workout early in the morn at 5:30.  I was wary b/c I couldn't find my good gloves.  I got to Westtown School, warmed up, and realized that my hands were too cold for comfort in the 20-degree weather.  I bagged the workout and decided to give it a shot in the afternoon.  I left the office early and headed to the track onsite.  The boys and girls track teams were practicing.  I warmed up, as they were completing what was likely a shorter practice due to Friday's meet.  Boy did I feel sluggish.  Out of respect, I waited a bit after stretching to get started.

My workout would be 8x150 with a 3:00 rest.  My goal pace was 20 seconds.

20-high
20-mid
20-mid
20-mid
20-high
20-mid
20-low
20-low

I could not manage to dip below 20 second.  WTF (Where's the fast?)

Wed, 1/6-went to the Y.

3x 6:00 at 7:00/mile pace
4:00 of upper body and lower body lifting in-between runs

Tues, 1/5-met up with a huge crew in town for the first hills workout.  The temp was 12 degrees.  My gloves sucked.  I had on my "good" pair, which were paired with my white Nolan painter's gloves.  This setup didn't hold up.  After 5 hills, my fingers were shot.  I had to head back to my car, which was parked at the top of the hill (thank goodness).  There were about 60 of us.  About 10 of us were loosely situated as the lead group (we were strung out over four to six seconds/20 to 25 meters).

I went home an ice cube.

Monday, 1/4-took off

2 comments:

  1. No worries Executioner, just your body storing it's energies for your looming battle with the 800 at the Bubble! I'll be there will you, shooting out your splits ! If we are fortunate we'll both hit our goals but no matter what we will give our all! The only way! The Executioner way ! See you Sunday

    ReplyDelete