Thursday, August 1, 2013

It was such an awful run.

Thurs, 8/1-I had a difficult time getting myself together, on account of a late night at the Phillies game.  At least I had great seats (right behind home plate) and could be seen on TV.  At any rate, I didn't get a great night's sleep and was tired and groggy in the morning.  I showed up at the country club for the Thursday run anyway...in the rain, no less.  The group decided to run the 7.9M route in reverse and would do a 4M tempo in the middle of the route.  From the start of the run, I was dragging, and my back was killing me.  By the time we picked up the pace for the tempo run, I was far behind the main group and drifting backward.  I had nothing in my legs and was miserable.  I wound up veering off at Henderson HS and heading back to my car.  I covered the route in 36:00 or so.  I'd like to say it was close to 5 miles but I can't be sure.

It was such an awful run.

Wed, 7/31-I went to the Y and did a bit of the usual.
Mile on donut track-6:40
Upper body work
Mile on treadmill-6:25
Upper body work
Mile on track--6:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment