Monday, December 12, 2011

Ambitious, I know.

Monday, 12/12/11--ran 4.4M, a recovery run. 32:15, about 7:20 pace. Sore left hamstring.

Sunday, 12/11/11--Sunday, 12/12--first meet--Glen Mills. Got there at 9:20 or so. Did not run until about 10:20. Timing was good. Like last year,I put down 2:10 as my seed time. That was my goal. The day was rather chilly but otherwise fine. Warmed up inside. Stretched reasonably well.

"Lane 2"--second person, front line...up....There were five on the back line and four up on the front line. I got out fairly aggressively w/o much effort and took lane 1. I saw 32 on my watch at the 200. I was leading, with Brian Turdo immediately to my right. I did not hear anything at the 400, other than someone tell his buddy/athlete that he had run was right around another 33-sec lap. I wanted to hold position, so I ran a little harder to keep Brian to my outside. At the 575m mark, Brian pulled in front of me. I heard nothing at the 600. With 150m to go, I heard Kyle Lanier say, "Come one, Delvin." On the back stretch, I felt a challenge coming on. The guy came along side me. I assumed he was going to fade, but he kicked into another gear and passed me. I went to my arms as I was going into the final turn. With about 60 to go, I eased up too much; I did not run through the finish. I ran 2:12.9 ht/2:13.11 FAT. Brian ran 2:09-mid. The guy in second ran 2:11-low.

I felt pretty good afterwards. I finished the race and began cooling down before the next heat could begin.

My splits were likely: 32, 65(33), 1:39(34), 2:13(34). A fairly even race. Now, I just have to drop each 200 by 3 seconds! Ambitious, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment