Monday, February 21, 2011

It was a wrap.

Sunday, 2/20/11--

I did something I haven't done all winter: a fartlek over the rolling hills of the bucolic Rustin HS XC course. As I had done in the past, I jogged to the start (about a half mile or so) and then commenced with my 15sec on/15sec off, 30sec on/30 sec off, 45 sec on/45 sec off, and 60 sec on/60 sec off. I imagine my ons were 6:15 pace and my offs were 8:15 pace--nothing to write home about. I did 3 loops for a fartlek total of 4.65 miles or so. The path was muddy and littled with enough goose poop to make it nearly impossible to run without stepping in it. When I finished, I had to hop into some stale snow in order to get the mud and goose crap off my shoes. Nasty, I say. Nasty. I ended with a 5 minute jog back to my driveway. It was a wrap. 5.75 miles.

Total for the week. 2/14-40.5 miles
This is the most I've done in many moons!

No comments:

Post a Comment