Saturday, February 19, 2011

I need my second wind

Sat, 2/19/11--ran to Penn Oaks 4.5 miles; took shorter route on way back--3.3 miles. Too windy--up to 50 mph. Stood me up! 7.8 mi

Fri, 2/18/11--didn't run in the morning. Ran after work b/c I knew it was going to be a rare 65 degrees or so. Went to CHS track with my eye towards 6x600. It wasn't to be. The wind was too great and I couldn't get myself together. I wound up doing 3x400, 3x200 and 2x150 (I couldn't manage the last 150, as my hamstring started to twitch and I didn't want to take any chances.) The 400s were supposed to be faster, but they wound up being a sucky 70, 72, and 70. The 200s were in 30, and the 150s were in 21 and change. Jogged 400 in-between. I was underwhelmed with my workout performance. I need my second wind. 5 mi

Thurs, 2/17/11--Got to the Borough late and found no one. Not even as I made my way down the street did I see one of the comrads. I ran the route alone and felt terrible. I was going at a pedestrian 7:30 pace and wound up doing just 5 miles.

Wed, 2/16/11--Ran about 4.75 miles in 34:00; same route as I did on Monday. I had an evening meeting. Decided to try my luck at some hills on Lizbeth in Berywn. I'd do 2, then run the half mile loop around the block. I just did 6 hills. These were the hills I used to make my athletes do when I was coaching track at 'Stoga. I did not seem or feel as fluid and smooth as they did! My 32-35 paled in comparison to their 20s. I felt demoralized to say the least, not to mention winded and weakened. Admittedly, I did run in the morning but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment