Sunday, January 31, 2010

I need to commit myself to another day

Sunday, 1/31/10--In just about an hour I will head to Glen Mills to run the 800 and to watch my daughter run the 200 and 400. I have realized, particularly after yesterday's practice, that I need to commit myself to another day of workouts. I'm simply not doing enough. One track workout a week is not enough. Also, I have't run to Penn Oaks is probably about a month. I'll see how things go today.


Saturday, 1/30/10--In preparation for meet on Sunday, I went to Westtown's track for a little workoutout. I warmed up 1.2, stretched pretty well, did 3 150s in :22 with a 250m jog in-between each, and then cooled down 1.1. Felt okay but not great!

2 comments:

  1. Delvin,
    how did you do in the 800M?
    How did your daughter do in the 200m and 400m?
    And YES you need to committ to at least 2 repeats a week,even in my races weeks I'm still getting two repeats in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,

    You're right. I just need to squeeze them in. I haven't been on a track for a hard interval workout in some time now.

    My daughter ran 38.1 seconds, but her time was screwed up, too. She won her heat of 4, but she's listed as losing her heat! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete